The appearance of a WordPress site is the most important criteria to any WordPress site owners. In this post, you will learn how to install your WordPress theme from the free themes in the marketplace and other internet sources.
Install a free WordPress theme from the WordPress marketplace
There are many free themes available in the WordPress theme marketplace. You can change your WordPress appearance by installing a new theme.
- Select Appearance > Themes.
- Click Add New button.
- Select your preferred theme and click Install.
- After installation completes, click Activate.
Download WordPress themes from other sources
There are many WordPress theme portals that host both free and commercial WordPress themes. You can pay for one theme outright or subscribe to the use of unlimited themes in the portal’s collection.
Install a WordPress theme from other sources
After you found your preferred theme, you will download it to your device and upload to your WordPress site.
- Download your preferred theme as a zip file.
- Click Upload Theme.
- Click Choose File to select and install the zip file from your device.
Deleting a WordPress theme
To delete a WordPress theme, you need to deactivate it first. You can do this by activating another WordPress theme.
- Ensure that the theme to be deleted is not the current active theme. If it is, you should activate another WordPress theme first.
- Next, select the theme to be deleted.
- Click Delete.
Using Page Builders to design WordPress theme
WordPress page builders are applications that allow you to design your WordPress pages with a visual drag-and-drop interface. There is little need for coding knowledge and anyone with a good sense of design would be able to produce a good presentable WordPress site.
Elementor is the world’s leading WordPress page builder. There are over 6 million active users and support for Elementor is wide. Yoast, the leading WordPress SEO plugin, integrates with Elementor to give you a seamless process of creating your contents with SEO in mind.